Friday, March 6, 2015

Haters Gonna Hate, Readers Gonna Read

Hello, readers. Today, I'm going to go on a little rant. So bear with me, and sit back and relax as you enjoy this gif filled post.

*Stands on a pedestal and hits glass with spoon* Ahem! Thank you. Now....

This post is to everyone who carries books around with them wherever they go.

It's for those who have found in books, their BFFs--best fictional friends(because who can understand you better?).

To anyone who's been made fun of for having his nose stuck in a 500+ page novel.

It's to those who've been told that reading as much as they do makes them boring.

(PUH-lease. We've traveled over land and sea, through time and space, to lands that don't even EXIST--all through the pages of a book. And that makes us BORING?)

Finally, this post is to all who have had experiences somewhat similar to this:

I tell people reading is one of my biggest hobbies and their reaction?

And when I tell them how much I read in a year their eyes go

Found here
















And then they tell me I need to get a life, and I'm like


Maaayybe, I'm exaggerating a little, but guys, things like this DO happen!

Fellow book drunkards, bookworms, bibliophiles...gather round. What I'm about to tell you may come as a shock. Prepare to be disturbed, horrified even. You see, there's this fact that not all of us like to acknowledge. Wait for it....

Not everyone likes to read.

Yeah. I know. How uncultured of them! But alas, tis the devastating truth. But what's worse is, they may even make fun of you for reading.

But you know what I say to those people? I don't care. 'Cause you know what? Books make me happy.

Found here












Reading is good for you. So get your backside off your couch, away from the tv screen, and go to the library or something....

That is all. In true Willy Wonka fashion, I bid you all a good day.




What books are you currently reading? Tell me in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. I often get a few curious look from people when I'm reading while commuting to/from college.They don't expect people reading for leisure.I can tell not a lot of my cousin (Actually 1-2 do and I have lots) read sometimes they might read something just to proove people they're cool like TFIOS but not because they like to read.My sister also didn't read until a few months back.
    I'm reading "Paths of Glory" by Jeffrey Archer what about you??

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up, and Paths of Glory sounds like a good read. I'm reading Season of Fire by Lisa T. Bergren.

      Your TFIOS comment: SO TRUE. You can read something like that, but take, say, a 700 page epic fantasy with you on your commute...well...the odd looks will abound.

      Delete
  2. Great post, Ally! I'm with you ALL the way. It's kind of hard for me to comprehend a person who doesn't like to read. I understand everyone is different and all, but there's nothing to compare the adventures woven in the pages of a favorite novel.

    These GIFs are perfect! I like your definition of "BFF," and this quote: "(PUH-lease. We've traveled over land and sea, through time and space, to lands that don't even EXIST--all through the pages of a book. And that makes us BORING?)" <-- AHAHA! *thumbs up*

    I am currently reading Jaye L. Knight's Resistance, and loving every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree--novels can take you on the best journeys! Sure, not everyone enjoys it like we do, and that's fine. But just because reading is thought by many to be "uncool"(ridiculous, right?) is not going to stop me from doing it!

      I've heard of Resistance, but only just checked it out. It sounds amazing!

      Delete
  3. I love this post, Ally! I don't even understand people who don't read. If they tell me that I should get a life, then I think they should get a life. Reading is something that is fun and also does wonders for your mind. It makes you more intelligent and inquisitive. It makes you more creative and imaginative. It is perfect.

    Currently I'm reading Red Queen. It's not as good as my last read, Moonblood, but still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! I completely agree! I remember being teased in school(before I was homeschooled) about how much I read. Back then, I was really embarrassed about it, but now? I am a shameless book drunkard.

      I've been looking forward to the Red Queen. And Moonblood was great!

      Delete
  4. Oh I know exactly what you mean. My life revolves around books, reading, writing and devouring them. You have no idea (or you understand completely) how many times my friends have basically told me that I need to get out more and live in the real world. Uh no. Books are my life! *hugs all the books* I'm reading 'Don't Even Think It' at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I think I do understand. I don't have many friends who read, so it's nice to find others who are like-minded!

      Reading is absolutely my favorite hobby. I try to keep in mind the phrase "all things in moderation" though. Otherwise, I'll probably get carried away and forget about real life! Which has happened. What can I say?

      Delete
  5. Fun post! Fun gifs! I especially liked those first two. ;)
    I've been blessed to have several bookworms in my life (brother, sister, sis-in-law, etc.), but I can't tell how many times I've heard the remark "I don't really like to read." And I'm like, "What?! You poor person, you don't know what you're missing! You make me want to cry..." (No, I don't actually say that, but I do think it.) I just wish I could show them how much fun reading really is!

    I'm currently reading "An Heiress at Heart" by Jennifer Delamere and "A Cowboy's Touch" by Denise Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I wish I could show all those people the feelings you can experience when you read. Oh, well. To each his own, I guess. That's awesome that you have so many bookworm buddies! :)

      I've enjoyed a few of Denise Hunter's books, but I've never heard of Jennifer Delamere. I'll have to check her out!

      Delete
  6. TRUTH. This was brilliant! And these gifs so accurate! :D


    Alexa S. Winters
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete